How to ensure security with a VPN connection? We will get into the nitty-gritty of that, but first, you must know what a VPN connection is and how does it work in providing online security. VPN stands for ‘Virtual Private Network’, you must know what it stands for before you can use it because VPN provides security to your Android and iOS. Sometimes when you access certain sites, a pop-up window opens and asks you to add a VPN connection. Basically, VPN is used to get access to sites that may or may not be restricted, VPNs are also used for online security.
Technically VPN forwards all of the network traffic to the unknown or not secure sites. VPNs gained popularity when business networks started using them for the protection of their data or to securely venture on the internet.
How does the VPN work?
Let’s make it easier to understand, VPN technically connects your devices such as your PC, smartphones or a tablet to other networking sources, called servers. What happens is that normally when you are accessing a website where there are no restrictions, you do not need a VPN connection. This online security comes in handy when you are accessing a website that is restricted in your country or region for any number of reasons. Your network IP plays a very important role in all of this. This IP (Internet Protocol) address is a numerical tag assigned to every internet device. So, in order to visit websites or other networks, your IP address works like a key to a lock; but sometimes your IP is not for the lock (network) you are trying to access. This is where a VPN comes, it provides safe access to the sites where your original IP was unable to comply.
Benefits of Using VPN Connection:
1. The most commonly known feature of a VPN is hiding your IP address. VPN connection conceals your actual IP address.
2. A VPN connection does not only mask your IP address but it changes your IP address according to the encryption that is accepted for a particular server.
3. A VPN connection also protects the data you may be transferred through public Wi-Fi.
4. A VPN connection also masks your real location and lets your surf through the internet easily.
5. In your life you might have come across a number of websites that say ‘access blocked’, that is because they are potentially blocked by the government. With a VPN connection, you can access those websites.